One of our larger log cabins, made from 70mm thick logs the Kay measures 5.95m x 8.0m. It features four internal rooms with a small veranda area to the front. Suitable for a variety of uses, especially when insulation is applied to the roof and floor as we recommend.
Limited FREE roof Shingles offer
The Kay Log Cabin features a combination of thick 70mm interlocking wall logs and double glazing - together these provide a natural warmth and create a cosy, homely feeling.
Perfect as overnight, occasional guest accommodation, the interior of the Kay is split into four distinct rooms using full height internal partitions.
Featuring two single doors and extensive glazing for bright interior, the inset porch and veranda adds the perfect finishing touch.
This building is manufactured using quality Spruce logs, these offer a tight wood grain and ultimately a durable garden building. All timber is specially selected for the interlocking construction and for the highest quality finish, Tuin log cabins do not feature mixing of timber varieties.
Supplied untreated, the Kay can be customised to match the style of each garden with the addition of the necessary treatment. Tuin offers a range of treatment options including paints, stains and impregnation fluid - all of which are available to purchase at the same time as your cabin!
The Kay Log Cabin features as standard:
- 70mm interlocking wall logs
- Triple conical tongue and groove for stability
- 1 door half glazed
- 3 doors full wooden (solid).
- One fixed Window
- Five opening windows
- Quality door and window fittings
- Double glazing
- Roofing felt or FREE shingles
- Tanalised foundation beams
- Fixing kit and instruction manual
- Wind and watertight connections
- Minimum 16mm Tongue and Groove Roof Boards
- 27mm Floor
- Overall Dimensions: 5.95m x 8.00m
- Building Footprint: 5.75m x 7.80m
- Internal Dimensions: Refer to plan.
- Ridge Height: 3.10m
- Door Height (including frame): 2.02m
- Overhang: 0.20m
Please note: The height of the Log Cabin will be increased by 70mm if the foundation beams provided are used.
- No Mixed timbers known as Spruce and Pine mix
- Spruce timber is used throughout this log cabin
- 5% Finger Joints
- Wind and Watertight Log Connection
- 10 year anti rot promise
- 14% moisture content
- Dutch Standards
- Coloured Felt Roof Shingles
- Metal Roof
- Air Vent
- Guttering 100mm
- Carefree treatment 44 liters
- Embadecor Stain 19 liters
- Embalan Paint 19 liters- (Embadecor Undercoat Required)
- Impregnation Fluid 9.75 liters
- Immersion treatment in Green, Silvery Grey or Brown